Here’s some tips to help get your messages across best:
1. Use a friendly tone like you’re at a dinner party or a BBQ chatting to friends.
2. Be genuine and passionate.
3. Imagine you’re talking to one person only not an en mass audience.
4. Avoid big words, insider jargon or fancy acronyms.
5. Pitch the level of conversation at around a 15 year old mentality. If a 15 year old can understand and appreciate what you’re saying, you are right on target.
6. Sound conversational, have a smile in your voice (if it’s not an horrific or sad topic)
7. Use gestures to animate your performance.