1. Use words that paint pictures.
2. Smart business presenters always use metaphors and analogies to make new and unfamiliar concepts more familiar and understandable.
3. Put yourself on the side of the audience. Talk about “us” instead of “you people.”
4. Always use contractions. Nothing shouts out awkward, poorly written speech like the failure to use contractions.
5. Many words and phrases look good on paper but sound awkward when you actually try to say them. The most important tip to follow with written speeches is to speak them out into an audio or video recorder several times before you deliver it to the real audience.