Whether to media, to your team or to a large audience, here’s a few tips to get it right:
1. Focus on three key messages. No more.
2. If you try to communicate more than three points, people
will remember nothing.
3. If you have more than three points, write an article or a book. Leave the extra ones out of your verbal presentation.
4. State your most important message first – don’t bury the main message.
5. A good speaker/media communicator is also a good editor.
6.If you could write the headline and the first three sentences to your story in the newspaper, what would they be?
7. Messages that come out of your mouth need to be shorter, simpler and less complex than messages you put in press releases, columns, brochures, manuals and books.
Want more tips? Just ask me … I have plenty!